- Practice Areas
- Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Attorney
- Business and Employment Law
- Civil Litigation Attorney in Pennsylvania
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury
- Arm, Hand, Wrist and Shoulder Injuries
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction And Workplace Accidents
- Dangerous Premises
- Dangerous Products
- Dog Bite
- Injuries To Children
- Lower Body Injuries (Foot, Ankle, Knee and Hip Injuries)
- Motorcycle Accident
- Neck, Spine & Brain Injuries
- Scar and Disfigurement
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Real Estate Law
- Attorney Profiles
Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Attorney
Despite the 2005 changes in federal bankruptcy law, many people can still obtain debt relief through personal bankruptcy. If you are having trouble meeting your financial obligations, the attorneys of Henry & Beaver, LLP, can fully advise you of your legal options. Through bankruptcy, you may be able to avoid foreclosure, save your car and escape from crushing debt.
We also represent the interests of lenders and other creditors in pre-bankruptcy workouts and Bankruptcy Court proceedings.
Contact our offices today via email or call us at 717-274-3644 to arrange an initial Free consultation. We represent debtors and creditors throughout central Pennsylvania, including those in Lebanon, Lancaster, Schuylkill, Berks, and Dauphin counties.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy — Qualifying consumers can erase credit card balances, medical bills and other unsecured debts through Chapter 7 liquidation. With exemptions for retirement savings, home equity and most possessions, the majority of filers will not lose any assets.
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy —Family farmers facing bankruptcy should contact our firm to explore ways to reorganize their debts and hold on to their farms.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy — If your income is too high to qualify for Chapter 7, or if your home is in danger of foreclosure, Chapter 13 reorganization can provide relief from creditors while you repay a portion of the debt over 3 to 5 years. Foreclosure, repossession and harassing phone calls will stop as soon as you file.
We can fully explain the law and the likely outcome of your bankruptcy choice.
Due to the comprehensive nature of our practice and depth of our legal experience in bankruptcy law, local lawyers routinely consult with our firm, or refer complex cases to us, such as those arising from divorce.
Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy
Our firm represents a number of regional banks, large regional distribution companies, many smaller businesses, and municipalities that are owed debts, taxes or assessments by individuals and companies seeking relief under the Bankruptcy Code. We also represent creditors and creditors’ committees in all chapters of bankruptcy, including Chapter 11 reorganization.
We can act as collectors and negotiate debtor repayment terms prior to bankruptcy filings. In Bankruptcy Court, our attorneys can:
- Petition for relief from a stay
- File motions for dismissal
- Review and register objections to bankruptcy plans
- Advise creditor committees
- Represent creditors in preference litigation